I've lived almost 40 years in the region and travelled quite often throughout the State of Chihuahua so, you can say I know my way around here! I'm fully bilingual English-Spanish and I've worked with international teams from England, USA, Germany, Spain, etc. I've worked all around the State of Chihuahua in different locations either for touristic, promotional or crime related stories.
I used to own a Production Agency participating in all aspects of the production process which means I understand the production process and what's needed to do videos (My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TCXENTRETENIMIENTO/).
I've been a fixer for almost 5 years, and I've worked with teams from:
* BBC - Immigration
* PBS Newshour - Immigration and impact of US policies in Juárez-El Paso
* NPR - Immigration
* Sky News - Immigration
* Univision - Immigration
* Times Magazine - Immigration
* Die Zeit - Immigration
* 'Salvados' (TV show) - Relationship Juarez-El Paso
* 'Undercover' (TV show) - Immigration and Organized Crime
* Women in the Media Foundation (IWMF) - Femicides and Immigration
* Insight Crime - Organized crime in the Chihuahua Mountains
* Ink Global - Tourism
* HBO (Axios) - Immigration
* Christian Monitor - Water treaties (US-Mexico)
* ICFJ - Immigration
* Magnum Photo Agency - Immigration
* Long Way Up (Apple TV program) - Traveling
* Business Insider - Technology, maquila
* New York Times - Immigration
* The Texas Observer - Immigration, Covid-19
* Wall Street Journal - Covid
Working with Ewan McGregor and the Long Way Up production team in the State of Chihuahua shooting scenes for the third season of the program
Mexico is sooo big that it's almost impossible to know what's happening all around the country, not only in terms of politics or crime but also in terms of tourism, attractions, contacts, etc., that's why I specialize in the State of Chihuahua (which is bigger than many European countries).
Due to the fact that I live in the State of Chihuahua, I know very well how things work around here and I'm up to date on what's happening in the State.
Even when I'm not closely related to a certain topic, I usually have contacts that can give me the insights of a certain situation.
That's why I can tell you: if there's anything you need from Juárez or the State of Chihuahua, I can help you!!!
With the guys from BBC (Marek) and BBC World (Lioman) covering immigrants stories
International teams like to work with me for several reasons:
- Due to my expertise living in the region, I have many contacts in different areas that usually help me find the solutions to unexpected problems that may appear.
- I overdeliver: my clients receive more than they were offered
- All my clients have achieved their goals when working with me
- I take their project personal and I go the extra mile to achieve their goals
- I'm respectful, open minded and open to changes depending on how the story evolves
- I know how to improvise and give options (not problems) whenever things don't work out as planned
- Due to my video production background, they realize it's easy to work with me because I know what's needed to make a video story
- I anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- I'm organized and on time so the teams don't have to be waiting for me
All this has brought me more and more clients from word of mouth which has given me the opportunity to work with some of the most renown production teams and journalists in the world!!!
I have contacts in many states of Mexico so, if your story needs to be done in other parts of the country, I can also help you with that.
In Creel, Chihuahua covering crime stories with Deborah Bonnello from Insight Crime